Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Trees of the Dancing Goats

As Hanukkah draws to a close, I'd like to share with you a heartwarming tale of friendship called The Trees of the Dancing Goats by Patricia Polacco.  When I first picked up this book, I wondered what-in-the-world dancing goats meant.  Not only does Polacco captivate her audience with her rich storytelling, she captivates readers with her title!


Just as Hanukkah marks a time of celebrating miracles, Polacco draws from her memory when her own family created a miracle for their neighbors.  Read how Trisha and Richard, Babushka, Grandpa, and Momma excitedly and sacrificially bless their neighbors in time of sickness, bringing together two faith celebrations: Hanukkah and Christmas.  And discover the secret behind the trees of the dancing goats!

2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments but more than that, thanks for sharing your blog. This will be so helpful in choosing books as I love a little help in choosing. Have saved your blog in my "special stories" section.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this story!!

    ReplyDelete