Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Take Joy!


Take Joy! (1966) is an anthology of "songs, stories, poems, and things to do for a family Christmas" by acclaimed illustrator Tasha Tudor.  I found this treasure at our county library last Christmas, and I so fell in love with it that I won one for myself off ebay!  Now if that isn't a recommendation, I don't know what is!  Tudor's homespun delight in Christmas evidences itself in her rich, warm illustrations and quality selections.  I could go on and on about this book!  However, Tasha Tudor's art speaks for itself.  So in Tudor's words, "Take Joy!"


Unfortunately, Tudor's beautiful book is out of print, so depending on where you live, it may be difficult for you to access, which is why I wanted to share some of her wonderful illustrations with you!

Illustration for an excerpt of Dickens' A Christmas Carol

Illustration for The Boar's Head carol

a few of Tudor's children bringing home their tree

2 comments:

  1. I think Tasha Tudor is possibly one of my very favorite illustrators- ever since I was just tiny. This is beautiful. I am going to check my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Tasha is a sweet classic ;)

    Thank you for your comment on my post! I loved it! I worked at my college library, I thought I'd add ;) I love books and all the artwork on the front covers.

    How's the smocking coming along? I've always wanted to give it a try. Ruche too

    XOL

    ReplyDelete