Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Spring!

Oxfordshire Children's May Song

Spring is coming, spring is coming,
   Birdies, build your nest;
Weave together straw and feather,
   Doing each your best.

Spring is coming, spring is coming,
   Flowers are coming too:
Pansies, lilies, daffodillies,
   Now are coming through.

Spring is coming, spring is coming,
   All around is fair;
Shimmer and quiver on the rier,
   Joy is everywhere.

We wish you a happy May.


McConnaughy, Holly Pell, ed.  Favorite Poems for Children.  NY: Barnes & Noble Books, 1993.

A wonderful spring read and activity: I, Vivaldi by Janice Shefelman.

2 comments:

  1. How coincidental ..... I've been singing that song all week; in my head, over the phone to my granddaughter and to Lucy (my labrador.)
    Perhaps you must have heard me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new spring poem to me, it's a keeper !
    Thank you for stopping by, I hope to visit with you often.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete