Saturday, November 5, 2011

Home


I brought Thomas Locker's HOME: A Journey Through America (c. 1998) home from the library, laid it out on the coffee table, and waited.  My youngest picked it up, poured over it, and came running to me: "Mommy, this pictures look beautifully!"


That afternoon the eldest came home from school, poured over the new-found book, and said, "Momma, you have got to look at these pictures!  These are my favorites."


I think old and young alike are amazed that Thomas Locker shares his magnificent oil on canvas landscape paintings not only in art galleries or museums but in childrens' books for all to enjoy.  Seriously, introduce your child to the fine art of Thomas Locker.  You may be astonished at the art appreciation that issues out of his/her mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, they are beautiful. I have to try it with my kids. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete