Friday, June 3, 2011

Jumanji


Do you know what book we read for the first time this week?  Jumanji.  But even more amazing was listening to it read on tape/CD!  Call me slow, but when I put the tape in I thought, "Hmmm, how many actors did they get for this reading?  Typically they only hire one person." Then as the story continued, I recognized Robin Williams' notorious voice.  Sure enough, his "reading," or rather vocal performance, defined at least six different characters.  Robin Williams brought to life this dynamic safari of a story, written and illustrated by Chris Van Allsburg (c. 1981).  I highly recommend checking out both book and tape/CD from your local library, especially if you're seeking to stave off summer boredom.  I assure you, your home will be transformed into a jungle with just a turn of a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment